Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Usta-Could

I used to do a great job of hiding the booty-do in pictures and up until the past year, I was always shocked when I saw my reflection in a mirror. I have never really seen myself as fat. As a kid, I was the sexy one. When my 2 bffs and I got the necklaces that said "crazy" "sexy" "cool", I got to be Left-Eye... the sexy one. (RIP TLC) I got hit on in groceries stores and at gas stations by older guys and was always the one who was a shamelss flirt. I developed insanely early and got lots of attention as a result. I developed a blown-up sense of ego and have almost never been single. Like I said, I've been good at hiding my ridiculous girth until the past year.


When I was a junior at JMU, --GO DUKES!-- I hit 2-bills (I'm 5'3"). I decided for the first time in my life to actually diet. What's funny is that I always complained about "being fat" before that, too. I did SouthBeach and it was fine because I was working for the best bagel deli ever and had a pretty unending supply of fresh food. I would get up and go to work at 5am, Dee would make me a great breakfast, I'd snack on cheese and veggies all day, have lunch, then go to class and pretty much not eat if I wasn't at work. This was due to poverty more than anything else. I'm sure if you know Harrisonburg, you know how cheap and delicious the mac-n-cheese from Sharp Shopper can be when you're broke. In any case, I went home for Robin's baby shower, had a small piece of cake... then I was of the wagon.



I'm a quitter when it comes to me. When it comes to getting shit done for other, people I'm all about it, but when it comes to me. I'm out.

No comments: