Saturday, June 23, 2012

One-derland!

199, y'all.



This morning when I woke up, I thought, "I bet I can run to Kroger and back."  And I did.  Five miles.  I was running for 2.9 of those miles and sweating my ASS off.  On my way back I was crossing the street when a woman in an SUV waved me down.  She said, "I saw you going up that way earlier.  You're doing a great job.  Keep it up."  :)  It was very kind and made me feel really good. There's an older guy in my neighborhood who always cheers me on when he sees me running.  Why are these people so nice?  It reminds me of just how little effort it takes to make someone feel good and encourages me to do the same for others.

In celebration of my weigh-in today, I went to Kiss and Make Up to buy new bras.  Mine were WAY too big, but I made myself wait until I reached my first goal to buy new ones.  As always, going there is like heaven.  Ruth, the owner, is a true treasure and just looked at me to guess how much weight I had lost and what my new bra size would be.  I went from a 40G to a 36G.  My cup size didn't change, but I lost 4 inches on the band!!!!  Putting on the new bra, I felt like my breasts were floating.  There are few greater joys in life than truly supported, lifted and separated breasts.  

So...here we are in ONE-derland (as they say on Biggest Loser).  I haven't been here since my Southbeach days in my senior year of college.  2003.  9 years.  I gotta say... I'm pretty proud.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

That is AWESOME! I am knocking on200's door at 203. I am so happy for you!