Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Glee

Every now and then I find something that moves me to obsession.

When I was a teenager, it was Hanson.


Then in college, Dave Matthews Band.


It's been a long time since I was in love with piece of pop culture and I resisted Glee for a long time.  I don't know what episode I watched one time, but I was annoyed, so I never paid attention, even when they made headlines.

So... Margot grabs hold of the PS3 controller, which is how we watch Netflix, and clicks random buttons all the time.  A week or so ago, she landed on Glee and I cried during the first episode and I was hooked.  Jane Lynch is a comedic genius and everyone else is just pretty and sings and dances and who doesn't love that?!

One thing that I've rediscovered about myself is how much music can move me to another place altogether.  Sometimes just the first few notes of a song can make me start weeping.  Hymns from my childhood have the effect on me and do many love songs.  I'm going to just own this and not be shamed by my easy tears.  :)

Easy to laugh, easy to cry.

Also-- this is my new celebrity crush.

No comments: