Saturday, July 14, 2012

Laziness = Failure

Well, not always.  Sometimes my laziness creates extreme efficiency and I get a ton done so that I can be as lazy as possible later. But right now, I'm failing because I don't plan ahead and I'm lazy.

Today Margot and I went to the Hanover Tomato Festival.  I was planning in sharing something to eat with Margot while we were there and then chugging water.  That reminds me...

Ok, I'm back.  I haven't had anything to drink in hours.  Lazy.

Anyway, I didn't think ahead to the fact that instead of spending money, I could bring our own food, nor did I think ahead that fair vendors are not going to take plastic and that a small local fair won't rent an ATM machine.  So what ended up happening is that Margot had some snacks from a churchy group and my sugar got low.  Also, since I had spent the morning chugging water, I had to pee, but there was no way to do so.  Port-o-potties are not exactly toddler friendly.    In the end, we walked around and looked at stuff, I got this awesome sign:
More info:   http://www.powellforva.com/
and we left.  When we left, I was anxious to find somewhere we could eat and use the bathroom.  Pole Green Rd, which turns into Meadowbridge Rd has NOTHING on it.  We finally hit a McDonald's at Laburnum.  It was gross.  I ate more than the whole day's worth of calories in one sitting, but I couldn't make myself stop until I stopped shaking from the low blood sugar.  ALL of these problems could have been avoided if I had just planned ahead. 


1785 calories in one sitting.  No wonder...
I’ve also been failing at forcing Jesse to eat well.  We ate out twice yesterday and it was because: 1.)  I hate cooking. 2.) Jesse didn’t feel like cooking. 3.) I wanted to give Jesse what he wanted.  So yesterday I solicited a promise to go for a walk after dinner tonight but with the weather like it is, I doubt that will happen.  I just feel defeated.  I broke through 200, only to jump right back up when I hadn't been yo-yo-ing at all.  Every single week I was consistently losing weight.  


What's wrong with me?  


Why won't I let myself succeed?

No comments: