Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sick

I feel like ass today.  Sore throat, congestion, achiness.  I just want to sit on the couch and eat ice cream all day while watching Grey's Anatomy.  Instead I've been applying for jobs, trolling chat boards and reading about no-waste living.  It sounds lovely, but I imagine it would have to be taken one baby step at a time.



On Tuesday, Jesse and I went to Barnes and Noble to wander around and I found a Vegetarian Bible (that is an all-encompassing book about veggies, not a scripture for vegetarians) and was really interested.  I eat meat because it has always been the staple of every meal in my life.  I don't, however, think it has to be that way.  I asked my therapist the other day about veggies because I just can't seem to like very many of them, and she recommended How to Cook Everything Vegetarian.  She explained that it breaks down all kinds of foods and gives recommendations on how to enjoy them from raw to boiled to baked.  It also came with a hefty price tag, so I bought the $5 bible and reserved the mammoth how-to from the library.

(side note: I am trying to reduce our owned items and books is at the top of my list.  If libraries carried and preserved PLAYS, I'd be able to get rid of LOTS of books... sigh...)

I was planning to go out running again today, but I just feel too terrible and by now it is probably like a sauna outside.  I don't even feel like cleaning.  No you should know how ill I really am.

No comments: