Friday, September 19, 2008

On Your Feet, Soldier!

One of my number one issues with exercise is that I'm on my damn feet all day at work. If standing and walking around my room all day burned calories, I'd be a rail. When I do finally get home, I just want to sit on my couch and play with my cats. And although studies have shown that petting your animals relieves stress, it does very little in the way of burning fat.



Not to mention that my job is pretty emotionally stressful as well. I'm worn out at the end of a day, whether it was a good day or not. I have a hard time being a teacher who doesn't commit both physically and emotionally. This includes my raging temper for the unfair. But I shant go in that direction.



So-- what's the solution? Go right from work to the gym? Be more emotionally and physically absent at work? Quit and be an actor full-time? Le sigh.

No comments: