Monday, September 1, 2008

The Mail Room

Here's a problem that all teachers who are working on their weight have to deal with:

The Mail Room.

You may be saying, "Mail makes you fat?" No, it's not the mail. It's the leftovers from every single event that end up there. The counters are currently covered with goodies from the meals last week. And it's never the nutritious stuff left over. Only the muffins, and cookies, and that amazing ginger bread/cake our office assistant makes. Oh gees... I'm like Pavlov's dog over here...

In any case, when you're a half-broke teacher, you want to take advantage of anything free, like food. My tuna can stay in the fridge for lunch tomorrow and I can pig out on pizza that the PTA brought it and save a few bucks.

It's also a matter of not wanting to hurt someone's feelings. Example: I don't really like this caramel cake that the same aforementioned office assistant makes, but I eat a piece every time. She's wonderful and I want her to feel appreciated, especially when she spends hours making home-made goodies for we ungrateful lot.

Fee Night was especially bad. Vocelli's pizza AND punchbowl cake. I kid you not when I say that I could have eaten the entire punchbowl. I did only have 1 serving the first night... but then the second night... I lost my control. Two helpings went down the hatch.


I'm surprised my Wii Fit Balance Board isn't yelling at me.

No comments: