Thursday, July 2, 2009

Paranoia


Everytime something tragic happens in a city where I have friends living, I freak out and must get in touch with them immediately. Example: yesterday the Staten Island Ferry ran into a pier. Now I know maybe 5 people who live on Staten Island and 20 more who live in NYC. As soon as I found out this news, I was obsessed with checking in.


Another example: 3 or 4 years ago a plane skidded off the runway in Chicago. I think it was at Midway, not even the airport my friends ever fly out of, but I freaked until I heard from them.



Another example: Two metro trains collided in DC last week. How ridiculous is it that I instantly sent texts to the appropriate folks? Like if they had been hurt, they'd be sure to T9 me back??


I guess here's my point. Tonight I watched Kevin Skinner on youtube. I LOVE the song he sang and it made me cry. Folks-- if tomorrow never comes, I really want you all to know how much I LOVE you.



Am I psycho?

2 comments:

hh said...

haha, I think that's quite normal. I do that too... It's why we love you too!

Stephanie said...

it's called a big heart, ma'am. you're a gem.