Monday, August 3, 2009

Do Not Read This as Self-Depricating

So this weekend, a friend said this to me: "Elise, I really enjoy spending time with you. Sometimes I don't think you believe me." Annoyingly enough, I was doubtful.

I mean there are people that I love being around and could just sit in a room with, feeling totally satisfied. Strangely enough, most of these people I've met only within the last year. How is it that I had been alive 25 years before even meeting the most wonderful woman in the world- kb? For serious here, folks. I adore her and always find it shocking that she wants to hang out with me, too. And how is it that Jack was in existence for over thirty years before being my bff?

Do you have this issue? Your friends are so awesome that you can't believe they like YOU? I get to spend beach time with my top two people next week and I could only be more thrilled if Jesse was going to be there. Poor Jesse-- working like a dog with no reward at all. Gah. Send some love to my boy if you see him.

For real. I feel this year like I did my senior year at JMU-- when Ryan and Lauren moved in and I laughed more than any time in my life... until now. Thank you to my most beloved ones who have changed my life for the better in this past year. Thank you Sycamore Rouge for introducing me to my soul-mates.

Love you. Mean it.

2 comments:

Winter said...

Im not included in this but I Love you too....

Tara Morris said...

"Strangely enough, most of these people I've met only within the last year"...I know you are talking about me here? ;)