Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Couch to 5K

I decided today was the day.  


This is big for me because I've never, ever, ever run voluntarily before.  I'm not exaggerating when I say that the last time I remember running anywhere was to catch a bus in London.  That was 2003.  I did the first day of the Couch to 5K training thing and it was easy.  I mean I didn't even break a sweat because it was breezy out.  But really, it was not hard.  It makes me feel better about myself that I wasn't passing out like those folks on biggest loser on their first day.  Of course, I'm not being trained by Bob and Jillian either.  In any case, as soon as I got home, after chatting with my old lady neighbor for a few, I was motivated.  I cleaned out the garbage can (like, with the hose--- soooo gross), then filled it back up with broken branches from our yard.  I then took the hose and cleaned out Margot's kiddie pool.  I came inside and made a to-do list which included random errands, buying used sleepers for Margot, buying a used stroller for Margot and then letting her play in the play area in the mall.  She actually rode in the new-to-us stroller without screaming.  Win!

I also ate very little today.  Breakfast sandwich, Thai noodle lunch, lots of water, tuna for dinner and two sugar free Popsicles.  I think the key for me is being busy, but planning to eat.  If I get bored, I eat.  If I get too busy, I starve then binge.  It's a balancing act, I guess.

1 comment:

Sarah aka Booty-rific said...

I do the exact same thing with eating--either it has to be planned out or I'll starve then binge.