Saturday, March 31, 2012

Terrific Twos

When I was pregnant, I always dreaded/looked forward to the scale.  I had MANY appointments because of my weight and because of PCOS, which lead to insulin dependent gestational diabetes.  I was severely limiting my carbs and LOST 30 lbs while I was carrying Margot.  During that time, carbs were not an option.  I just didn't eat them very much at all.  It wasn't that hard, really.  I remember having lunch with my dad one day and talking about how it really wasn't that difficult.  He's type 1 diabetic and also struggles with the same affliction: love of carbs and couches.  :)  Anyway, I remember the day I called Jesse and yelled, "222!"  I was so excited that my weight was all "2"s and that Margot was still healthy.

I know that no one should ever be excited when there is a "2" in front of their weight, but I'm down to 222.2 today!  That means I lost almost 4 lbs this week and it wasn't hard at all!  I'm hoping the rainy-ness goes away so that I can take Margot out for a walk/jog.  I *think* I started this thing at 227... so really, it's only 5lbs and almost 4 of that in just this week.

Just goes to show what paying attention to eating and a little jogging can do!

No comments: