Saturday, March 31, 2012

Why Did I Wait?

I'm really enjoying "running".  I put it in quotations because I'm moving only slightly faster than walking.  I just really like it.  Why did I wait so long?  I used to always joke that I didn't run unless I was being chased by someone with a knife.  I don't know what I thought it would be like.  Maybe it's the way I'm starting in 60 second intervals, but I am really liking it and find myself wanting to do more.

The whole thing makes me seek further introspection.  I mean, was I saying things like that because I don't really like myself and didn't think I COULD do something like this?  I'm pretty self-deprecating on a regular basis, using comedy as a coping skill, but really-- what was I waiting for?  I feel like I CAN do anything right now.

Of course... maybe that's the endorphins talking.  Hell of a drug, a brain can be.

No comments: